We are passionate about what we do and delight in providing excellent programs that make permanent, positive changes in the lives of those we serve. Our programs are designed to equip our clients with the vision, motivation, life skills, education, and self-discipline necessary to lead a successful life.
Youth "Night" Counselor
Do You Want to Work
• You make a difference in the lives of
• You want to work nights and have days free.
• You guide and teach the youth of tomorrow
to be strong and independent
• Work with a caring and supportive team
• Work in a small school in a beautiful
• You are part of a large company that has
unlimited future opportunities across the United States
• Excellent Benefits
• Competitive Pay
• 401K (coming soon, matching funds)
• EAP (employee
assistance program) mental, physical, wellness, personal, organization, taxes, training and more (help and/or training)
• Educational assistance
The Night Counselor is key in providing safety during student
sleeping hours. Duties include performing room checks, assuring that each
student is in her own bed and sleeping; aiding students who are ill or not able
to sleep; monitor students who are assigned to sleep in the lobby for safety
issues; provide notes for SL Counselors and Nurse about any unusual night time
activities or concerns; wake up students in the morning and supervise as they
dress and get ready for the day.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Enforce rules and regulations to
ensure safety and quiet during the sleeping hours.
• Provide emergency first aid,
assisting students who may be ill; summon assistance when necessary.
• Mediate interpersonal problems
between residents, helping students to go to sleep.
• Make regular rounds to ensure that
residents and areas are safe and secure.
• Observe students to detect and report
• Communicate with other staff to
resolve problems with individual students.
• Counsel students in the handling of
issues such an inability to sleep or emotional disturbance.
• Provide requested information on
students' night time activities or incidents to SL Counselors or Nurse.
• Hold regular meetings/communication
with Director of Student Life as scheduled.
• Awaken students and supervise their
morning chores and dressing
.Supervise students who have been
placed in the lobby for sleep due to safety concerns.
• Read and give MAR notes to coordinate
services with the SL Counselors and Nurse.
• Answer telephone and check emails
during shift hours.
• Determine the need for facility maintenance
and repair, and notify maintenance via email.
• Compile information such as
residents' nightly activities and transfer this information to SL
• In cases of campus intruder, call 911
and inform sleeping staff and on call personnel.
Sequel Youth & Family Services is an Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly employer.