We are passionate about what we do and delight in providing excellent programs that make permanent, positive changes in the lives of those we serve. Our programs are designed to equip our clients with the vision, motivation, life skills, education, and self-discipline necessary to lead a successful life.
Mountain Home Idaho
Under the direction of the Group Leader, the Group Living Staff will provide supervision, support and structure to students in the program. Group Living Staff supervise and assist students in all program related activities using professionally acceptable methods and techniques. Must be patient and have the ability to remain calm in difficult situations. Sequel TSI of Idaho services adolescent males, ages 10-18, with severe psychiatric, behavioral, and sexual disorders.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Supervise and maintain routine order with students in their daily routines and activities.
2. Conducts didactic groups using professionally prescribed methods and techniques to encourage positive change for students.
3. Reports on student's individual plan of care, including goals and interventions.
4. Transport students to on/off campus activities and maintain student count.
5. Interacts with students in a professional manner to elicit positive change.
6. Completes documentation requirements accurately and on time.
7. Completes other reports, assessments, and reviews as assigned in a thorough and timely manner.
8. Remains current in and initiates emergency procedures when required.
9. Any other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Group Living Director and/or the Executive Director.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
• Oral Communication- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Written Communication- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee and student safety.
• Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
• Demonstrates the ability to provide supervision and direction to the clients to ensure appropriate coordination and safety procedures are maintained, program schedules followed and required documentation completed by end of shift.
• Demonstrates the ability to supervise activities of clients and monitor behaviors to ensure safety and engagement in appropriate instructional, leisure and daily living activities.
• Demonstrates the ability to reduce the potential for the occurrence of aggression, self-abuse, property destruction and disruptions in programming by providing supervision, physical presence and support in client environments.
• Demonstrates the ability to provide support to clients in performing a system of gradual and graded alternatives for de-escalating patients and managing their behaviors.
• Demonstrates the ability to coordinate and engage in emergency and crisis intervention responses to ensure adequate coverage and incident management.
• Demonstrates the ability to implement crisis intervention strategies, including physical interventions, as needed; Ensure proper and trained techniques are practiced; Ensure that all incidents are timely reported and correctly documented before the end of shift.
• Demonstrates the ability to monitor clients during the de-escalation stage and ensure stabilization through their re-entry to normal routines.
• Demonstrates the ability to assist in performing functional assessments of behaviors by gathering data relative to the conditions under which target behaviors occur.
• Demonstrates the ability to assist in developing intervention strategies that reinforce correct behaviors.
• Demonstrates the ability to comprehend and an understanding of the developmental milestones of children.
• Demonstrates the ability to provide and/or accompany transportation and supervision of clients, including “at risk” clients, to appointments, meetings and site trips.
• Demonstrates the ability to work with clients to assure that needs and schedules are met and behavioral plans, as prescribed, are followed.
• Demonstrates the ability to provide support to the managers, senior youth leaders and the interdisciplinary teams (nursing, clinical, facilities) in carrying out activities and behavioral interventions on the unit.
• Demonstrates the ability to be responsible for completing all required daily documentation and reporting of incidents by end of shift.
• Demonstrates the ability to work and effectively communicate with other staff to ensure a client is not left unattended and without supervision.
• Maintains current certification, as required by policy.
• Attends job specific meetings and/or training, as scheduled.
• Medical, Dental, Vision after 30 days
• Company provided Short Term and Long-Term Disability
• Company provided AD&D insurance
• Flexible Spending program
• Health Savings Account
• Paid time off
• Daily Pay
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Anytime Fitness Membership Discount
• 401K with company matching program
Sequel Youth & Family Services is an Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly employer.