Youth Counselor Job – Urbandale, IA 41938
- Supervise youth in activities in order to observe or effect changes in their social behavior.
- Maintain the security of the facility and grounds.
- Stimulate interest and cooperation in individual and group activities and observe youth behavior in response to treatment efforts.
- Observe methods and techniques of Supervisors during group therapy sessions and develop counseling skills under their supervision; participate in the treatment of the youth through observation, interaction, scoring, limit setting, and implementation of treatment plans; and assist in the development of a positive peer culture.
- Transport youth to work, recreation, education activities, and participate in their supervision and instruction.
- Maintain proper conduct and security of youth in work, recreation, and education; medication as ordered.
- One-to-one Life Skills building
- Prepare periodic and special evaluations on assigned youth, report significant changes in social behavior and make recommendations for changes in assignments.
- Provide crisis intervention with youth.
- Give detailed instruction in work, recreation and housekeeping activities.
- Perform related work as assigned or required.
- Communicate orally and in writing all appropriate reports and information, both within the unit and to relevant outside agencies.
- When working an Overnight shift you are required to stay upstairs and awake during shift
- Abide by The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (42 USC & 201 et seq.)
- All other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or GED is required; a college degree in Human Services or one year previous work/volunteer experience with kids under the age of 21.
- It is an essential function of the job that staff be capable of participating in physical training activities and be capable of physically restraining the students if and when necessary.
- A class D3 chauffeur’s license is required.
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us