We are passionate about what we do and delight in providing excellent programs that make permanent, positive changes in the lives of those we serve. Our programs are designed to equip our clients with the vision, motivation, life skills, education, and self-discipline necessary to lead a successful life.
Location: Clarinda Iowa
SIGN ON BONUS
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our youth? Do you want a supportive work environment? Do you want to be a part of leading adolescents to personal victory and success?
If you answered “yes" then Clarinda Academy may have the perfect job for you!!!!
Clarinda Academy is a residential foster care facility working with adjudicated and at-risk youth.
Job Duties Include:
• Maintain safety, accountability and security of campus.
• Teach, coach and supervise students in activities of daily living including morning, bedtime and overnight procedures, hygiene and cleanliness, housekeeping, meals, intramurals, sports, academics, and extracurricular activities both on and off campus.
• Observe the peer culture for patterns of behavior indicating progress or regression in the program.
• Observe individual student behavior over time and recognize progress towards treatment goals.
• Effectively communicate, both written and orally.
• Follow and implement individual treatment plans for all students.
• Recognize escalating behaviors and intervene at the appropriate level to ensure safety and security.
• Transport students to court, home passes and appointments as necessary.
• High School diploma or GED is required.
• College degree in Human Services field and one year previous work/volunteer experience with juveniles preferred.
• Medical, Dental, and Vision, after 30 days.
• Short Term and Long Term Disability
• AD&D insurance
• Flexible Spending program
• 401K after sixty days.
• Holiday pay
• Paid time off (includes birthday)
• Tuition loan/Reimbursement program
• Paid meals
• Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
• Membership to local Rec Center
Clarinda Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sequel Youth & Family Services is an Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly employer.