Youth Care Worker Job – Tampa, FL 45018
Why You'll Love This JobManage the daily activities as scheduled and direct sight and sound supervision of the youth. Program staff shall ensure that youth’ basic needs such as shelter, safety, food, and clothing are met in compliance with and as outlined in Sequel and DJJ Policies & Procedures and Residential Manuals.
- Supervises residents in their daily routines providing rewards and consequences as prescribed by program's behavior management system.
- Maintain routine order on dorm unit and during activities.
- Conducts huddles to address group issues according to PPC standards and results in positive change for residents.
- Transport residents to on/off campus activities and maintain resident count.
- Interacts with residents in a therapeutic and professional manner to elicit positive change.
- Completes documentation requirements accurately and on time.
- Completes other reports, assessments, and reviews as assigned in a thorough and timely manner.
- Completes all in service training on time and remains current in PREA, PAR, CPR, First Aid, Positive Peer Culture, and other required trainings.
- Remains current in and initiates emergency procedures when required.
- Adheres and participates in the safety program.
- Adheres to Sequel’s policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Any other reasonably related business duties as assigned by a Shift Supervisor, AFA and/or FA.
- Adheres to the policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI) of Sequel Youth & Family Youth Services.
- Supports by action and example the Sequel Creed.
QualificationsHS Diploma Required; Associates and/or Bachelors with 1 - 3 years experience in residential setting preferred. Apply Now
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us