We are passionate about what we do and delight in providing excellent programs that make permanent, positive changes in the lives of those we serve. Our programs are designed to equip our clients with the vision, motivation, life skills, education, and self-discipline necessary to lead a successful life.
Sequel Youth and Family Services is a privately owned company that develops and operates programs for people with behavioral, emotional, or physical challenges. Our mission is to prepare our clients to lead responsible and fulfilling lives by providing mentoring, education, and living support within a safe, structured, dynamic environment — whether on one of our campuses, in the community, or in their own homes. We are currently looking for Youth Care Workers for a residential program located in St. Petersburg, FL.
Under the direction of the Shift Supervisor, the Youth Care Worker supervises and assists students in all program related activities using professionally acceptable methods and techniques. The Youth Care Worker shall ensure that youth’s basic needs such as shelter, safety, food, and clothing are met in compliance with as outlined in Sequel and DJJ policies & procedures and residential manuals.
The appropriate candidate will have the:
• Ability to provide a safe and secure environment for students while serving as a role model.
• Ability to write documentation in student records, routine reports, and correspondence.
• Ability to influence and practice the Sequel vision and mission.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to supervise student's daily routine and behaviors and respond accordingly, when necessary.
HS Diploma or GED and one-year experience working with at risk youth in a juvenile setting or related setting or 2 year of Military Experience with Honorable Discharge.
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance after sixty days
• Company provided Short Term and Long-Term Disability
• Company provided AD&D insurance
• Flexible Spending program
• 401K after sixty days
• Paid time off
• Daily Pay after 30 days
• 3 weeks paid Parental Leave
• 6 Paid Holidays
Sequel Youth & Family Services is an Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly employer.