Transition Coordinator Job – Tampa, FL 45200
Why You'll Love This JobUnder the supervision of the Clinical Director, the TC shall provide case management services that shall include coordination with the Department, agency staff, other agencies.
- Meet with each student to assess their academic, vocational and employment goals.
- Work in conjunction with students, their families, referring workers, case managers, group living staff, and educational staff, to develop a transition plan for each Iowa student within the first 45 days following admission.
- Meet with each student on a monthly basis in order to review, and or adapt, their personal transitional plan in order to ensure its viability.
- Within one month of discharge transport each student to their hometown (whenever practical) in order to visit with school officials, potential employers, college admissions personnel, and any other pertinent individuals in order to ensure a smooth transition.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with members of the referring community, school officials, and other agencies to ensure assistance in transitioning students upon discharge.
- Provide assistance to those students eligible to take the ACT and or SAT tests to ensure that testing in scheduled and facilitated.
- Provide assistance with the supervision of students enrolled in on-line or computerized academic courseware.
- Whenever practical, provide assistance with transports for discharged students.
- Maintain proper norms and security of youth and provide crisis intervention as necessary.
- Responsible for contributing to a positive and productive work environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to the policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI) of Sequel Youth & Family Youth Services.
QualificationsBachelor’s degree from an accredited program in social work or related discipline and 1 year experience to include working with DJJ and any other outpatient providers. Apply Now
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us