Therapist Job – Tampa, FL 44974
Why You'll Love This JobUnder general supervision is responsible for providing appropriate, ethical and quality treatment services to students and families from intake through discharge. Provides individual, family and group therapy, as well as crisis intervention. Provides therapeutic information to placing agency representatives, licensing and other professionals under the supervision of the Clinical Director. Advocates for the most appropriate level of care for all students.
- Plans, recommends and provides holistic individual and family therapy services.
- Maintains contact with the Psychiatrist, Clinical Supervisor, Clinical Director, and Case Managers.
- Participates in the preparation, review and revision of the individual service plan and generates the Treatment Progress and Recommendation portions of the discharge summary
- Presents service alternatives to traditional psychotherapy in accordance with best practices.
- Advises the family, Caseworker, Care Manager, Case Manager, and placing agency of therapeutic services available.
- Meets with students and/or families, as scheduled, for individual and/or family therapy.Consults with teachers, behavioral health technicians, nurses and support staff to gather information on the student's progress in treatment and MMA.
- Available for crisis intervention.
- Attends clinical group supervision
- Prepares Clinical Staffing Reports and service plans.
- Participates in new staff orientation
- Advise Clinical Director and Human Resources Director of any licensing difficulties.
- Documents individual sessions and groups consistent with the service plan and contract requirements.
- Ensures documentation of contact is routed to student's chart.
- Completes staffing reports and service plans
- Completes BPS and Risk assessments, as appropriate.
- Completes documents needed for placing agencies, as assigned.
- Completes staffing reports, progress notes, and service plan updates.
- Serves as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Participates in staff development opportunities and may facilitate, as assigned.
QualificationsMaster’s degree with experience in mental health, social work, counseling or adolescent services. Arizona State Behavioral Health License desired; must be license eligible. Strong professional and personal boundaries, sound judgment, discretion and decision-making required. Individual must be energetic, self-motivated, and able to maintain confidentiality; ability to use standard office equipment, sit and / or stand for extended periods of time, and participate in physical restraint of students, if necessary, is also required. Applicant must be able to satisfy the MMA and AZ State licensing requirements for hiring. Apply Now
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us