Teacher Job – Woodward, IA 50281
Why You'll Love This Job
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF YOUTH?WOODWARD ACADEMY MAY BE THE PLACE FOR YOU!
Woodward Academy is a residential treatment facility for male and female youth who are adjudicated delinquent or “child in need of assistance” (CINA). Woodward Academy offers programs aimed at redirecting delinquent, negative behaviors to positive, socially acceptable patterns through introducing students to a normative culture. Woodward’s treatment philosophy focuses on behavioral and cognitive change through the establishment of a normative culture model and treatment services.The Teacher provides direct educational services to student population using professionally and educationally acceptable methods and techniques.
BENEFITS may include:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance after 30 days of employment
- Supplemental insurance
- Free meals during your shift.
- Wellness program
- Birthday as a paid day off
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Membership to local country club which includes golf course and swimming pool.
- Employee Educational Assistance Program
- Housing opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- DailyPay option
- Parental Leave
- Employee incentive bonus opportunities
- Coaching opportunities
- Years of service recognition
If you are interested in applying for the Full Time Teacher position please email: email@example.com.
- Provide a learning environment to motivate youth to take responsibility for their education.
- Prepare daily lesson plans and instruct groups, providing in depth attention students as necessary.
- Assess each student’s learning style; design and implement curriculum, instructional strategies, and materials appropriate for the youth.
- Communicate, orally and in writing, all appropriate information, both within the classroom and outside the classroom (in the log and in youth charts) and to relevant outside agencies.
- Stimulate interest and cooperation in individual and group classes and activities and observe youth behavior in response to treatment efforts.
- Ensure attendance of students in all classes and other activities and check on normative behavior.
- Complete all necessary paperwork to insure proper recording of student progress, including daily attendance records and progress reports for grading periods and Individual Education Plans.
- Maintain order in the classroom by providing classroom expectations to students.
- Maintain emergency lesson plans for use by substitutes.
- Maintain proper norms and security of youth and provide crisis intervention as necessary.
- Supervise youth in order to observe or effect changes in their social behavior, and to maintain security of facility and grounds for community protection.
- Participate in the treatment of the student through observation, interaction, scoring, limit setting, and implementation of treatment plans; assist in the development of a positive peer culture.
- Report significant changes in social behavior and make recommendations for changes by participating in Treatment Team meetings.
- Escort students to work, mealtime, recreation, education activities, and participate in their supervision and instruction.
- Limited one-to-one counseling.
- Give basic instruction in work, recreation, and housekeeping activities.
- Abide by The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (42 USC & 201 et seq.)
- All other duties as assigned.
A State of Iowa Teacher license is required. It is an essential function of the job that staff be able to physically perform Emergency Safety Interventions (ESI’s). A State of Iowa class D3 chauffeur’s license and clear MVR is preferred.Apply Now
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us