Teacher Job – Saint Augustine, FL 34110
Why You'll Love This JobUnder the direction of the Director of Education or Executive Director, the Teacher provides direct educational services to student population using professionally and educationally acceptable methods and techniques. Sequel TSI Montgomery services adolescent females, ages 12 - 18.
- With supervisor, plan academic programming and scheduling (curriculum planning).
- Coaching students about academic goals and problems.
- Make daily academic assignments for students based on their learning levels and need for review in certain areas. Evaluate the daily academic progress of each student through examining written work, and reviewing the amount of proficiency exhibited.
- Responsible for the following: a) monthly progress notes b) holding conferences and counseling with students and/or parents either Individually or jointly c) planning academic lessons and individualized educational programs d) evaluating student's academic progress through initial and informal tests to assess student's academic levels and needs for review in subjects.
- Locating and obtaining materials needed for academic studies and life skills groups: a) sources on a loan basis such as library, and local and national agencies and businesses b) educational catalogs (including writing out purchase requisitions for materials needed) c) teacher created materials
- Devising groups to encourage social interaction skills among students for personal character and value development.
- Planning activities outside of the school to add to the student's academic and social learning.
- Planning and carrying out behavioral programs (i.e. contracts).
- Supervises students in other activities upon request.
- Attends in-service, teacher meetings and staff meetings as requested by supervisor or required by the program.
- Gives direction to classroom aides.
- Provides a consistent approach to students and an appropriate classroom atmosphere that is conducive to learning.
- Perform duties with direction from supervisor exercising judgment in the application of pertinent rules and procedures.
- Shows initiative in providing alternatives in working with student's life skills and academic problems.
- Implements service plans and follows through on staff decisions.
- Supports by action and example the Sequel TSI Creed.
- Adherence and participation in the safety program.
- Adheres to Sequel TSI policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Education or related discipline.
- Experience: Experience with adolescents, ages 12 -1,8 or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: Basic computer skills.
- Certifications & Licenses: Must possess State of Alabama Teacher's Certification, Class B License.
- This position requires current certification in CPR, First Aid, SAMA,PDT (Preventing Disease Transmission), Diagnosis, Documentation Standards, Environment of Care and Positive Peer Culture. Additional certification or training may be required as deemed necessary by Sequel TSI to fulfill job duties and responsibilities.
- Other Requirements:
- High moral and ethical values.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Interpersonal skills to work as an integral part of a team.
- Appropriate interpersonal/personal boundaries.
- Maturity or behavior and judgment.
- Ability to remain flexible to accommodate changes in work schedule.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills are required to a) develop educational curriculum and to instruct students; b) write reports, assessments and lessons.
- Must be capable of relating to people in a manner to disseminate information in a clear and understandable format.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read and interpret educational and program assessments.
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us