Shift Supervisor- 2nd Shift Job – Owens Cross Roads, AL 54099
Why You'll Love This JobThe Counselor Supervisor is a unit staff member responsible for providing general supervision, competency reviews and training for all counselors and counselor aids. This position assists the Unit Coordinator/Executive Director in maintaining routine and order on the unit.
- Provide direct care and supervision of residents.
- Assure the implementation of general routine and order of the unit.
- Assist Unit Coordinator/Executive Director with the maintenance of the counseling staff schedule.
- Coordinate and maintain daily resident schedule.
- Under the direction of the Unit Coordinator/Executive Director, is responsible for orientation, training and general supervision of Counselors.
- Ensure unit staff remain current in required training. In addition, provide in-service training to unit staff as assigned.
- Ensure a clean and attractive resident unit is maintained.
- In coordination with the Unit Coordinator/Executive Director, will implement and model the Positive Peer Culture system to residents and staff.
- Provide coverage on the unit to include: SAMA, Special Treatment Procedures and emergency procedures (CPR, First Aid, etc.) as needed.
- Knowledge and current in program policies and procedures as they apply to licensing and accrediting standards and assist Counselors with understanding and compliance.
- Completes charting requirements.
- Interacts with residents in a therapeutic and professional manner to elicit positive change.
- Do a Fire Drill at least once each month.
- Performs other reasonable related assignments as directed by the Unit Coordinator or Executive Director.
- Supports by action and example the Sequel of Montgomery Creed.
- Adheres to Sequel Youth & Family Services policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Adheres and participates in the safety program.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- In coordination with the Unit Coordinator/Executive Director, responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; completing competency reviews; addressing complaints and resolving problems to include completing and conducting coaching notes and sessions.
- Disciplinary responsibility/authority includes: coaching, counseling and supervisory notes; implementation of action plans delegated by the Unit Coordinator, Program Director or Executive Director; and providing feedback and input to the Unit Coordinator, Program Director or Executive Director in performance issues and evaluation. This position does not have the authority to hire or terminate staff.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Experience One year direct care experience in an acute or residential treatment setting with demonstrated supervisory ability/skill, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: Basic computer skills.
- Certifications & Licenses: This position requires current certification in CPR, SAMA, First Aid, Preventing Disease Transmission (PDT), Group Guided Intervention (GGI), Diagnosis, Documentation Standards, and Environment of Care. Additional certification or training may be required as deemed necessary by Sequel to fulfill job duties and responsibilities.
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us