School Nurse (LPN) Job – Montgomery, AL 31910
Why You'll Love This JobUnder the direction of the Nurse Coordinator, School Nurses will monitor resident status in order to ensure continuity of health services and to evaluate and/or initiate appropriate action. May work 12-16 hour shifts as approved by the Health Authority or Executive Director. Sequel Youth and Family Services serves adolescent males and females, ages 12-18.
- Schedule student's medical appointments.
- Review consult forms and refer to consulting physician for further care.
- Order medications.
- End of month doctors’ orders (MAR).
- Organize shift report, present in shift change.
- Attends meetings such as in-service, student care meetings, nursing meetings, and staff meetings as directed by Supervisor and uses own initiative.
- Monitor students using student record and contact sheets; Doctor's orders and instructions; nursing policies and facility directive, in order to ensure continuity of student care and to initiate appropriate action.
- Provides emergency life support to students and staff in life threatening situations using basic life support measures.
- Administers prescribed student medication using standard nursing procedures and following Doctor's orders via oral and written instructions. Administration of medication is properly documented in accordance with program policy and procedure manual.
- Document on program forms as necessary in a neat and legible manner using only black ink. Forms should be completed and routed as noted in program directives and contain appropriate information.
- Gathers and exchanges information with Doctor and other disciplines in an accurate, prompt, and concise manner.
- Examines students thoroughly and in accordance with standard nursing procedures using stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, tongue blades, penlights, thermometer; reviews tests, lab results, past health findings and health records in order to establish physical status of student. Documents completed assessment/screening immediately in student's record.
- Transcribes physical orders using Doctor Order Sheet in order to make available information from the physician to other pertinent staff. Transcription of orders should be accurate using approved abbreviations. Transcriptions are completed on same day of order and in accordance with program directives.
- Serves on the designated committees as assigned by Clinical Director or Executive Director.
- Other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor, the Clinical Director, Executive Director, or Health Authority.
- Supports by action and example the Sequel TSI Creed.
- Adherence and participation in the safety program
- Adheres to Sequel TSI policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Experience: One year nursing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: Basic computer skills.
- Certifications & Licenses: Current LPN license issued by the State of Alabama Board of Nursing. This position requires current certification in CPR, First Aid, SAMA, Behavior Management System; Preventing Disease Transmission (PDT), Diagnosis; and Environment of Care. Additional certification or training may be required as deemed necessary by Sequel TSI Montgomery to fulfill job duties and responsibilities.
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us