Recreation Specialist Job – Tampa, FL 45256
Why You'll Love This JobThe Recreational Specialist, under the direction of the Clinical Director plans, organizes, coordinates, supervises and implements campus social and recreational activities. The RS will develop and coordinate the planning, organizing and implementing campus activities for the students using standard and therapeutic recreational techniques and practices. In addition, he/she provides direct treatment interventions for therapeutic and social development through participation as a treatment team member and is responsible for facilitating volunteer involvement in the treatment process as well as the training and screening of volunteers.
- Coordinate with treatment team regarding status and release process.
- Participates with DJJ regional transition teams in transition of youth from the program.
- Act as a resource person for all staff dealing with outside systems (i.e. job placement, continued treatment).
- Ensure that all guidelines (i.e.: written reports and correspondence) are followed as required by the court and the referring agency.
- Coordinate with local education / vocational providers for continued education.
- Prepares and maintains by documentation of students’ progress toward goals, participation in group activities, types of activities, attendance, etc.•Conducts and/or attends various facility meetings including in-service education and committee meetings.
- With supervisor approval, will requisition and purchase supplies and materials as needed according to budget by pricing items needed, completing requisition forms, securing approval prior to purchase and returning receipt in order to maintain adequate inventory for conducting activities.
- Adheres to the policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI) of Sequel Youth & Family Youth Services.
- All other duties as assigned
QualificationsBachelor Degree in Education or Sports Management or 5 years of experience working as Activities Specialist in residential setting Apply Now
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us