Payroll Specialist Job – Huntsville, AL 52440
Why You'll Love This JobThe Payroll Specialist will assist the payroll supervisor in biweekly payroll processing for assigned programs. The Specialist will ensure accurate processing and recording of the company’s payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, participate in daily data entry Payroll processing. You will work collaboratively and with a team of skilled professionals in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, demonstrating precision and expertise, in order to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Responsible for analyzing assigned program time sheets and recalculating.
- Calculating adjustments to individual payroll accounts.
- Prepare various payroll related reports.
- Analyze and update employee insurance reports.
- Research payroll disputes.
- Prepare employee changes summary.
- Update employee maintenance files for payroll and human resources.
- Complete Labor Statistics for various states.
- Prepare garnishment payments.
- Work closely with external payroll processing company.
- Fill in for payroll supervisor upon his/her absence which could include but are not limited to the following duties:
- Prepare month end journal entries related to payroll.
- Interact with the Human Resources department concerning personal leave, new PARs, unemployment claims, and workers’ compensation related claims.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. BS/BA in business, accounting or relevant field is a plus.
- Proven experience with payroll processing/wage attachment (1+ years required)
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Ability to communicate with different levels of management
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us