Overnight Youth Counselor Job – Woodward, IA 31303
Why You'll Love This Job
Woodward Academy, a Sequel Youth & Family Services Program, is a residential treatment facility for male and female youth who are adjudicated delinquent or “child in need of assistance” (CINA). Woodward Academy offers programs aimed at redirecting delinquent, negative behaviors to positive, socially acceptable patterns through introducing students to a normative culture. Woodward’s treatment philosophy focuses on behavioral and cognitive change through the establishment of a normative culture model and treatment services.
- Bed Checks - Use a flashlight judiciously to insure a positive count and identification of the youth body name will be performed at shift changes or every 15 minutes. On the Sexual Delinquent Conduct Unit, staff rotates walking the hall of the bedroom area. Only one youth at a time may have permission to go to the restroom. At no time should the students be left unsupervised
- Handle Emergencies - In the event of an emergency, notify the individuals listed on the Emergency Procedures. Give First-Aid until help arrives, if necessary.
- Fire Drills - Oversee fire drills if there is a scheduled alarm.
- Answer Telephone - Answer telephones and take messages.
- Com Log - Note all observed interaction with students during the shift. Any and all significant data should be included in the com log, as this is the primary source of communication with oncoming staff.
- Security - Check and secure all doors and windows.
- Supervise bedtime and wake-up time by following program schedule and policy.
- Report all noticeable events to Program Director or Group Leader.
- Abide by The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (42 USC & 201 et seq.)
- All other duties as assigned.
- Work Schedule: Overnight Shift 11PM – 7AM and as needed.
A high school diploma or GED is preferred for the overnight youth counselor position but not required. It is an essential function of the job that staff be able to physically perform Emergency Safety Interventions (ESI’s). A State of Iowa class D3 chauffeur’s license and clear MVR is preferred.Apply Now
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us