Mental Health Clinician Job – Camden, NJ 45948
Why You'll Love This JobThe Mental Health Clinician Provides and facilitates individual, core group, specialty group and family therapeutic sessions. Participates in student treatment team meetings, resource meetings, and all other meetings as required. Completes clinical documentation including but not limited to mini treatment plans; 30 and 90 day treatment plans; discharge summaries; JCR’s for cyber/performed care; strengths and needs assessments and case notes. This documentation must be completed in the time frames established by our policies and procedures as well as licensing requirements and contractual obligations which are communicated weekly by the case manager.
- Responsible for keeping professional license (LPC or LCSW) current and in good standing.
- Conducts individual therapy with each adolescent on his/her caseload at least one time per week.
- Facilitates group therapy sessions with adolescents two times per week.
- Conducts family therapy with each resident on his/her caseload and their family at least two times per month.
- Provides weekly communication with parents/guardians, and referring agencies as needed.
- Maintains contact with funding sources for clinical updates.
- Conducts assessments on adolescents.
- Completes mini treatment plans; 30 and 90 day treatment plans; discharge summaries; JCR’s for cyber/performed care; strengths and needs assessments and case notes within in the designated time frame.
- Participates in crisis interventions and problem solving.
- Documents all services provided in a timely manner.
- Maintains certification in the restraint model used by Capital Academy and utilizes de-escalation techniques as indicated.
- Performs additional assignments as needed for effective operations of facility.
- Education/Experience: Master’s Degree in the Human Service field. Two to three years related clinical experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Licensure/Certification: Must be licensed in New Jersey as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
- Other Requirements: Valid state driver’s license in good standing. Current physical and TB (PPD) test within three months of hire and annually thereafter.
- Skills/Abilities: Ability to work as a team member; Organizational skills; Clear, direct Communication skills; Ability to work flexible hours. Knowledge of all state, local and regulatory agency standards and regulations.
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us