Medical Assistant Job – Port St. Lucie, FL 32005
Why You'll Love This JobThe Medical Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clinical assistance to assigned psychiatric providers in the management of medication management program. The Medical Assistant takes patient vitals, maintains client records, and completes required forms and documentation.
- Measures and records patients vital statistics.
- Performs genesight testing and/or drug screening as requested by the provider.
- Prepares treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms and lobby neat and clean.
- Facilitates and helps with medication refills, provide prescription information to pharmacies, and assist in resolving prior authorization issues.
- Communicates patient medication issues to the appropriate psychiatrist/physician assistant.
- Prepares electronic charts for doctor day, uploads notes and scripts, and prepares required internal and external forms for completion by psychiatrist/physician assistant.
- Completes lab/cardiac clearance orders per the providers instructions.
- Completes medication consent forms within the same day of the appointment.
- Provides documentation to psychiatrist/physician assistant for his/her review and signature.
- Coordinate patients with medication counselor for necessary paperwork.
- Completes and submits the psychiatrist/physician assistant invoice for billing.
- Schedules appointments for patients and complete confirmation calls.
- Maintains medication management calendar with accurate information and tracks patients compliance with appointments.
- Performs general office duties, such as answering telephones, reviewing and editing medication notes, and completing insurance forms
- Acts in accordance with professional and ethical guidelines
- Follows all regulations as outlined in the Community Mental Health Services and Limitations Handbook, and ensures all staff adhere to the same regulations
- Ensures compliance with all regulations pertaining to confidentiality and HIPAA, SequelCare of Florida Policies and Procedures, and Medicaid Assessment requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications: Associates degree and Certified as a Medical Assistant or Medical Technician.
- Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's degree with a major in related field. One year of experience in a physician's office, or working in a related medical field.
- Computer Skills: Experience with Microsoft office required; Medik experience preferred
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us