Master Control Job – West Palm Beach, FL 59973
Why You'll Love This JobResponsible for monitoring, logging and controlling all major movements of youth. Palm Beach Youth Academy services male adolescents, ages 13 – 18, with severe emotional and behavioral disorders.
- Responsible for recording a key inventory.
- Documents all incidents in the Master Control Logbook.
- Monitors program cameras
- Conducts alerts and drills as necessary.
- Logs the time for various checks related to the residents.
- Interacts with residents in a therapeutic and professional manner to elicit positive change.
- Completes documentation requirements accurately and on time.
- Completes other reports, assessments, and reviews as assigned in a thorough and timely manner.
- Completes all in service training on time and remains current in PREA, PAR, CPR, First Aid, Positive Peer Culture, and other required trainings.
- Remains current in and initiates emergency procedures when required.
- Adheres and participates in the safety program.
- Adheres to Sequel’s policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Any other reasonably related business duties as assigned by a Shift Supervisor, AFA and/or FA.
- Adheres to the policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI) of Sequel Youth & Family Youth Services.
- Supports by action and example the Sequel Creed.
- Education and Experience: Associate’s degree and 60 credits from a recognized college, university, or technical institute with a study in sociology, psychology, human services, behavioral science, social work, education, liberal studies, criminal justice or related field; and one (1) year experience working with adolescents in organized group activities such as camp counseling, Boy or Girl Scouting, school or church programs, coaching sports, working with mentally and physically challenged youth and adults in a school, daycare, hospital or correctional/rehabilitative setting, critical situations or any similarly related experience. Years of Military experience and/or three (3) years of experience working with mentally and physically challenged youth and adults in a school, daycare, hospital or correctional/rehabilitative setting, critical situations or any similarly related experience may be considered as equivalent to an associate’s degree.
- Computer Skills: Basic computer skills.
- Certifications & Licenses: This position requires current certification in First Responders for PREA, CPR, PAR, First Aid and Positive Peer Culture. Additional certification or training may be required as deemed necessary by Sequel to fulfill job duties and responsibilities.
- Other Requirements:
- High moral and ethical values.
- Maturity or behavior and judgment
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Interpersonal skills to work as an integral part of a team.
- Appropriate interpersonal/personal boundaries.
- Ability to remain flexible to accommodate changes in work schedule.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals, and resident records.
- Ability to write documentation in resident records, routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of residents and/or peers.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers.
- Must be experienced in adolescent growth and behavior.
- Must possess the ability to identify socially appropriate behaviors.
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License.
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us