Why You’ll Love This Job
The CM shall provide case management services that shall include coordination with the Department, agency staff, other agencies, as well as members of the community and families, in the assessment of the individual needs of youth. Youth shall be matched to specific delinquency interventions and specialized treatment services on the basis of the most serious needs indicated by the PACT (includes RPACT) and mental health and substance abuse evaluations.
- Provide program plan development to youth.
- Evaluate each youth’s behavior according to the unit structure/expectations and the youth’s developmental capacity.
- Coordinate and facilitate program planning activities.
- Review assessments of residents to determine emotional, physical, education, social, familial, and independent living needs of the resident.
- Review and revise the resident’s program plan on a regular basis to determine level of supervision necessary to maintain residents and others safety.
- Serve as the liaison with resident’s family, community case manager and community services in coordinating care.
- Effectively communicate any problems/areas of concern to staff members providing direct supervision to the resident.
- Maintain quality codes of conduct and professionalism, i.e., strong work ethics, role modeling and commitment to improving quality of life to the youth in our care.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers, both orally and through documentation.
- Participate in facility-wide Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Attend staff / unit meetings to discuss facility and milieu operations and to receive facility communications.
- Attend all mandatory and scheduled training.
- Request time off in advance according to policy.
- Minimal and legitimate requests for time off due to illness.
- Execute all emergency procedures according to the facility policies and procedures.
- Complete all documentation tasks related to the position. All documentation should be timely and accurate.
- Uphold professional standards and the mission of Lakeside Academy in delivering services to youth.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the residents and the company and abide by all regulations pertaining to confidentiality including HIPAA.
- Maintain a safe secure environment.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in social work or related discipline and 1 year experience working with adjudicated adolescents to include family and group work or equivalent combination of education and experience.