General Education Teacher Job – Woodward, IA 33643
- Provide a learning environment to motivate youth to take responsibility for their education.
- Prepare daily lesson plans and instruct groups, providing in depth attention students as necessary.
- Assess each student’s learning style; design and implement curriculum, instructional strategies, and materials appropriate for the youth.
- Communicate, orally and in writing, all appropriate information, both within the classroom and outside the classroom (in the log and in youth charts) and to relevant outside agencies.
- Stimulate interest and cooperation in individual and group classes and activities and observe youth behavior in response to treatment efforts.
- Ensure attendance of students in all classes and other activities and check on normative behavior.
- Complete all necessary paperwork to insure proper recording of student progress, including daily attendance records and progress reports for grading periods and Individual Education Plans.
- Maintain order in the classroom by providing classroom expectations to students.
- Maintain emergency lesson plans for use by substitutes.
- Maintain proper norms and security of youth and provide crisis intervention as necessary.
- Supervise youth in order to observe or effect changes in their social behavior, and to maintain security of facility and grounds for community protection.
- Participate in the treatment of the student through observation, interaction, scoring, limit setting, and implementation of treatment plans; assist in the development of a positive peer culture.
- Report significant changes in social behavior and make recommendations for changes by participating in Treatment Team meetings.
- Escort students to work, mealtime, recreation, education activities, and participate in their supervision and instruction.
- Limited one-to-one counseling.
- Give basic instruction in work, recreation, and housekeeping activities.
- Abide by The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (42 USC & 201 et seq.)
- All other duties as assigned.
QualificationsEducation/Experience: All General Education Teachers must be certified by the State Board of Education. One year previous work/volunteer experience with kids under the age of 21. It is an essential function of the job that staff be able to physically perform Emergency Safety Interventions (ESI’s). Apply Now
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us