Food Handler Job – Courtland, AL 31309
Why You'll Love This JobThe Food Handler is responsible for food preparation duties other than cooking, such as serving hot & cold foods according to schedule.
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, or silverware.
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Take and record temperature of food and food storage areas, such as refrigerators and freezers.
- Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Place food trays over food warmers for immediate service, or store them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
- Portion and wrap the food, or place it directly on plates for service to patrons.
- Weigh or measure ingredients.
- Mix ingredients for green salads, molded fruit salads, vegetable salads, and pasta salads.
- Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
- Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers.
- Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
- Use manual or electric appliances to clean, peel, slice, and trim foods.
- Inform supervisors when equipment is not working properly and when food and supplies are getting low, and order needed items.
- Stir and strain soups and sauces.
- Keep records of the quantities of food used.
- Load dishes, glasses, and tableware into dishwashing machines.
- Deliver food trays and snacks to residential units or directly to residents.
- Vacuum dining area and sweep and mop kitchen floor.
- Adheres to the policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI) of Sequel Youth & Family Youth Services.
- Scrape leftovers from dishes into garbage containers.
- Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- Experience: Experience in institutional cooking or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certifications & Licenses: This position requires current certification in Blood Borne Pathogens/Infection Control and Environment of Care. Additional certification and training may be required as deemed necessary by Sequel TSI to fulfill job duties and responsibilities.
- Other Requirements:
- High moral and ethical values; Willingness to be open to learning and growing
- Interpersonal skills to work as an integral part of a team; Appropriate interpersonal/personal boundaries
- Maturity or behavior and judgment; Ability to remain flexible to accommodate changes in work schedule
- Adherence and participation in the safety program; Adheres to Sequel TSI policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Adequate reading skills to utilize data from menus to prepare meals for residents. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and menus; Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to residents, co-workers, and supervisors of the organization; Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us