Direct Care – YCW I Job – Saint Augustine, FL 31355
Why You'll Love This JobManage the daily activities as scheduled and direct sight and sound supervision of the youth. Program staff shall ensure that youth’ basic needs such as shelter, safety, food, and clothing are met in compliance with and as outlined in Sequel and DJJ Policies & Procedures and Residential Manuals.
- Supervises residents in their daily routines providing rewards and consequences as prescribed by program's behavior management system.
- Maintain routine order on dorm unit and during activities.
- Conducts huddles to address group issues according to PPC standards and results in positive change for residents.
- Transport residents to on/off campus activities and maintain resident count.
- Interacts with residents in a therapeutic and professional manner to elicit positive change.
- Completes documentation requirements accurately and on time.
- Completes other reports, assessments, and reviews as assigned in a thorough and timely manner.
- Completes all in service training on time and remains current in PREA, PAR, CPR, First Aid, Positive Peer Culture, and other required trainings.
- Remains current in and initiates emergency procedures when required.
- Adheres and participates in the safety program.
- Adheres to Sequel’s policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Any other reasonably related business duties as assigned by a Shift Supervisor, AFA and/or FA.
- Adheres to the policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI) of Sequel Youth & Family Youth Services.
- Supports by action and example the Sequel Creed.
- Education: Associate's degree or 60 credits from a recognized college/University or technical institute with a study in sociology, psychology, human services, behavioral science, social work, education, liberal studies, criminal justice or related field.
- Experience: One year experience working with adolescents in organized group activities such as camp counseling, Boy or Girl Scouting, school or church programs, coaching sports, working with mentally and physically challenged youth and adults in a school, daycare, hospital or correctional/rehabilitative setting, critical situations or any similarly related experience.
- Years of Military experience and/or 3 years of experience working with mentally and physically challenged youth and adults in a school, daycare, hospital or correctional/rehabilitative setting, critical situations or any similarly related experience may be considered as equivalent to an associate’s degree.
- Computer Skills: Basic computer skills.
- Certifications & Licenses: This position requires current certification in First Responders for PREA, CPR, PAR, First Aid and Positive Peer Culture. Additional certification or training may be required as deemed necessary by Sequel to fulfill job duties and responsibilities.
- Other Requirements:
- High moral and ethical values.
- Maturity or behavior and judgment
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Interpersonal skills to work as an integral part of a team.
- Appropriate interpersonal/personal boundaries.
- Ability to remain flexible to accommodate changes in work schedule.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals, and resident records.
- Ability to write documentation in resident records, routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of residents and/or peers.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers.
- Must be experienced in adolescent growth and behavior.
- Must possess the ability to identify socially appropriate behaviors.
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us