Direct Care Staff Job – Prescott Valley, AZ 33496
- Ensuring all client needs are met including but not limited to: meals provided, medications administered as prescribed, all documentation completed by the end of the shift (DAPs, communication log, monthly reports, QA’s and incident reports as needed);
- Primary responsibilities - including helping them keep their room clean, monthly report and spending "primary time" each month;
- Taking weekly vitals for each client;
- Supervision (face to face/signs of life checks at least every 15 minutes, if not more frequently);
- Ensuring the safety of all clients;
- Conducting groups, activities and outings according to the milieu schedule/RPM directives;
- Transportation to and from various appointments and activities (in company vehicles);
- Prevent and de-escalate crisis according to SCOA policy and protocols;
- Effective communication with all staff, RPM, Case Manager and Directors as appropriate;
- Teaching and coaching in regards to life skills, independence and all other service plan goals for each client;
- Be familiar with and follow client's individual service and safety plans;
- Appropriate role modeling of physical appearance, social skills, professional words, actions, etc;
- Establish and maintain professional boundaries;
- Ensure that all assigned tasks are completed;
- Confront and de-escalate negative behavior;
- Overnight staff must be awake at all times and are responsible for: printing DAP notes and communication logs, filing, archiving according to Case Manager direction; cleaning according to overnight duty schedule; med tracking every night and email to RPM every night; inventory of 1st aid kits weekly; sending attendance to appropriate parties nightly; checking fridge/freezer temps nightly;
- Additional duties as determined by the RPM, Group Leader, DAS/DRS.
- Adheres to Sequel policy and practice concerning creation, editing, transmission, storage, and disposition of all Protected Health Information in compliance with HIPAA.
- Possess an Associate’s Degree in a Human Services related field; or
- Possess a High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma;
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card, or in current possession.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License.
- Must pass a TB test and medical exam capable of performing the essential functions of this job.
- Individual judgment, discretion, and decision making skills.
- Emotionally and physically able to assist in physical escorts. Must be able to help carry ill, injured, or incapacitated clients.
- Must be physically able to assist in AWOL searches in any terrain.
- Confidentiality and professionalism are essential.
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us