Community Liaison Job – West Palm Beach, FL 52381
Why You'll Love This JobThe Community Liaison provides support to the residential program with specific responsibilities for providing information on programs/services available to students and families as well as to other agencies; and fostering an ongoing partnership between the program and community.
- Coordinates special programs/events within the community or agencies
- Coordinates projects involving support groups/agencies and reviews finished work
- Assists department heads or other employees in aspects of the planning, implementation and evaluation of special projects and programs
- Responsible for developing, conducting and documenting Advisory Board Committee meetings on a monthly basis
- Relieves professional staff in gathering community data to assess program effectiveness, increased or additional service needs, community resources, etc.
- Assists in arranging meetings and recruiting speakers to educate the agencies/community about goals
- Establishes and maintains contact with families of program participants and provides liaison services between participants and departments
- Interprets program services and distributes informational material to residents to describe what, where and when program services are available to them
- Develops program services based on assessment of community needs and resources
- Maintains contact with business and community leaders to coordinate special events and programs
- Uses computer applications or other automated systems, such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database software in performing work assignments
- Cultivating and maintaining close and productive relationships with community leaders and stakeholders in community justice in the mental health field
- Adheres to the policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI) of Sequel Youth & Family Youth Services.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience: Three to five years of experience that involves public relations
- Computer Skills: Ability to use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database software
- Certifications & Licenses: Valid drivers license
- Other Requirements: Fluent in the English language to interact with governing bodies, administration and the community both in person and over the phone. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with a wide variety of people.
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us