Clinical Director Job – Tampa, FL 44890
Why You'll Love This JobThe Clinical Director is the licensed staff person with training specifically in Mental Health services coordination and is responsible to ensure coordination and implementation of treatment plans and service delivery for youth requiring Mental Health, Substance Abuse, or other specialized services. This person is also responsible for the delivery of direct clinical services for clients; is responsible for providing clinical supervision to treatment staff, educational staff, and clinical consultations to SYFS; performs outcome studies for SYFS; and prepares and conducts psychometric testing with evaluation and clinical interviews.
- Assists in developing and revising facility operation policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Department of Juvenile Justice QA Standards, state licensing requirements. Serves as the Designated Mental Health Authority.
- Oversees and monitors operation of the Mental Health and Substance Abuse services department.
- Interviews/recommends departmental staff for hire, trains, evaluates, disciplines and recommends for termination, monitors work performance and completes performance evaluations.
- Provides direct supervision of treatment services staff, and acts as liaison between treatment services staff and the Facility Administrator and other departments within the facility. Provides at least one (1) hour weekly of clinical supervision either individually or in a group setting to all non-licensed clinical staff (Therapists & Substance Abuse counselors) employed at the facility.
- Works with professional personnel within and without the facility, providing direction, support and cooperation in the provision of treatment services to youth committed to a juvenile justice facility.
- Selects and administers test instruments designed to assess intellectual functioning, diagnostic concerns, personality, traits aptitudes and achievement levels; reviews multidisciplinary commitment package documentation, background information, and historical data; and develops diagnostic formulations in order to determine the mental health and substance abuse needs of the youth, and to determine appropriate classifications, redirection and habilitation goals, and objectives.
- Discusses implications of test results, interpretations and recommendations with staff.
- Provides direction for development, implementation and oversight of all treatment services.
- Monitors all documentation including Mental Health treatment plans, treatment plan reviews, biopsychosocial assessments, required demographic reports and discharge documentation.
- Reviews and signs off on; Clinical psychosocial assessments of youth when prepared by a non-licensed therapist; Individualized mental health / substance abuse treatment plans.
- Ensures that mandated deadlines for mental health/substance abuse services and supporting documentation are met.
- Ensures that youth intakes and discharges are coordinated appropriately and intake and discharge documentation is completed correctly.
- Coordinates activities with staff, community service agencies/providers, Department/probation/aftercare/reentry personnel, families, home communities, etc., as needed in reference to youth treatment needs and performance in attaining contracted goals and objectives.
- Serves as a liaison with the Department of Juvenile Justice and the District DCF Program Office, when necessary
- Submits required reports in a timely manner.
- Attends training and meetings as assigned and scheduled.
- Acts as resource leader and trainer for other staff members in areas relating to counseling and treatment issues; trains direct care staff in their role as paraprofessional advisor.
- Acts as resource leader and provides oversight to the group therapy component of the counseling program; assists therapists in the provision of treatment services, as required.
- Participates in weekly treatment team meetings and staffings.
- Coordinates and chairs weekly departmental meetings for clinical services staff.
- Assists in coordinating psychotherapeutic interventions and prescriptions being administered to program youth.
- Plans, develops, implements, and administers mental health and substance abuse treatment programming which meet a diverse range of youth problems.
- Works with the facility’s mental health/substance abuse staff, physician consultants, case managers and support staff to ensure that the mental health and substance abuse programming is fully understood and integrated within the facility and that all staff members support a facility-wide emphasis on prevention and treatment.
- Assists in ensuring that Treatment Teams are appropriately attended.
- Provides face-to-face intake assessments and diagnostic formulation for youth admitted to the facility for the purpose of mental health and substance abuse treatment plan development.
- May provide direct services to youth as necessary.
- When necessary, coordinates communication between internal and external treatment providers and programs.
- Arranges an Emergency On-Call schedule in order to ensure 24 hour mental health and substance abuse service coverage twenty-four hours each day. (MHOS is already 7 days per week)
- Adheres to code of ethics and ensures compliance with all Departmental rules and regulations, applicable Florida Statutes and, administrative code and licensing requirements established by the Florida Department of Health, Board of Mental Health Counselors, Clinical Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists
- Ensures that mental health and substance abuse service invoicing is substantiated by documentation and complies with all Department and State documentation comply.
- Adheres to the policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI) of Sequel Youth & Family Youth Services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QualificationsClinical Director must be a mental health counselor, clinical social worker or marriage and family therapist licensed Apply Now
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us