Case Managers Job – Durant, OK 53366
Why You'll Love This JobWe are seeking Case Managers to educate and train consumers in the development and improvement of skills, abilities and goals by improving self, life and social skills needed to improve functioning in their environments while promoting lifestyle changes. Aid consumers and families having problems concerning family relationships or other aspects of their social functioning affecting unity of family and welfare of community. Aid consumers coping with personal, social, and vocational difficulties that result from illness, disease, accidents, or the stress of daily life and mental health/substance abuse issues to maximize their independence and employability. The Case Managers will support clients in the Antlers,OK and Hugo, OK area
ResponsibilitiesProvide behavioral health/case management remedial services, designed to improve the skills and abilities of consumers to live interdependently in the community, improve self-care and social skills, and promote lifestyle change and recovery practices, necessary to improve the consumer’s ability to function in the community.
- Educate and train consumers on problems such as unsatisfactory relationships between marriage partners or between parents and children; unwed parenthood; care of the ill, disabled, or aged family members at time of physical or mental illness; or desertion of parent.
- Prepare and maintain records by documenting sessions and services provided, including consumer's progress, activities, skills development, and recommendations to ensure that goals and objectives are being met.
- Confer with consumers to discuss their options and goals so that rehabilitation programs and plans for accessing needed services can be developed and encourage consumers to determine their own goals and priorities in rehabilitation services.
- Provide input, based on the consumer's own goals and priorities in rehabilitative services and the consumer's progress towards reaching goals and objectives, to assist in the development of a treatment plan that fits consumer's aptitudes, education levels, physical abilities, relationships, and career goals.
- Model and practice self-nurturing skills with consumer.
- Assist consumers in improving functioning to be more successful and satisfied in their environments with as little professional intervention as possible.
- Aid consumers in skill building and the development of support systems which assist in achieving goals in living, working and social environments and identifying the benefits of improving skills and abilities to function in the community.
- Abet consumers to achieve and maintain appropriate roles as a result of goal setting, personal skills development, resource development and follow-up service.
- Analyze information from interviews, educational and medical records, consultation with other professionals, and diagnostic evaluations to assess consumers' abilities, needs, and eligibility for services.
- Confer with Clinical Supervisor/Clinical Director and Responsible MHP to develop and implement rehabilitation program for consumer.
- Develop strategies for overcoming identified barriers to consumer employment, such as inaccessible work sites, inflexible schedules, and transportation problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a behavioral or social science field.
- Must have attended and obtained a Case Management II certification (ODMHSAS training as a CMII).
- Basic computer skills including knowledge of MS Word.
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us