Case Manager Job – Urbandale, IA 33654
ResponsibilitiesCase Managers should be the “face” of Foster Group Care programs. Case managers communicate with outside systems including DHS and JCS. Therefore, case managers should attend all of the following and transport the youth when necessary…
- Court hearings, and court reviews
- YTDM meetings
- Workers will provide this document.
- Expired 3055- case managers will send out emails to workers to get updated 3055 while client is in foster group care program
- Coordinate with Admissions Director to schedule intakes. Review all files and admit paperwork sent by admission director including HIPPA and Consent to Treat forms.
- Upon Intake be sure to complete Demographics in PANDA including date and time of client arrival to foster group care.
- Email confirmation of arrival to the following individuals: Group Living Director, Admissions Director, Nurse, and Foster Group Care Clinical Lead Therapist, DHS/JCS worker and Parent/Guardian. Be sure to include date and time of arrival.
- Admissions director will email weekly census out to case managers. Case managers need to respond to email within 48 hours with the following information: accurate census information, pending discharges for the upcoming week.
- Truancies: Contact the following individuals via email detailing brief description of truancy, and time and date of truancy within one hour of truancy: Admissions Director, Group Living Director, Lead Clinical Therapist, Executive Director, DHS/JCS workers, parents/guardians, school liaison
- If client is not going to continue services with WCBS therapist, client needs to be discharged from Foster group care.
- Email confirmation of discharge to the following individuals: Group Living Director, Admissions Director, Nurse, and Foster Group Care Clinical Lead Therapist, DHS/JCS worker and Parent/Guardian. Be sure to include date and time of discharge. This needs to be completed within one (1) hours of discharge.
- Clothing Inventory
- Handbook Signature Page
- Plan of Care
- Risk Assessment
- Suicide Hotline Sign-off sheet
- WCBS Foster Group Care Services Medication Intake Form
- Medication Manager Forms
- Initial staffing within 5 days of intake
- Staffing notes every 30 days
- Discharge staffing within 30 days of discharge
- Required if a client discharges to a family-like setting
- Required to be face-to-face
- Can be done by program director, primary counselor, case manager
- Initial Treatment Care Plan: to be completed within 24 hours of arrival
- Initial service plan needs to be completed within 15 business days
- Subsequent reports need to be completed/updated every 90 days
- Discharge plan needs to be completed within 10 days of discharge
- Iowa Department of Human Services document
- All reports need to be uploaded into PANDA and emailed to workers upon completion
- Contact logs should be uploaded into Jarvis and PANDA on a monthly basis.
- Discharge survey to be completed prior to kiddo discharging from foster group care
- Once it is completed, send it to QA director and upload into PANDA
- Provide Supervision to BHIS provider.
- Track BHIS notes to ensure completion and quality of progress notes on a weekly basis.
- Coordinate with Group Living Director to fill any holes in the scheduled for BHIS service provision.
- Provide BHIS services if a BHIS provider is not available to provide the service.
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us