Business Office Manager Job – Owens Cross Roads, AL 52246
Why You'll Love This JobPosition involves a broad range of supervisory and managerial duties for the Executive Director. The position requires the ability to acquire a flawless understanding of the Executive Director’s methods for implementation of the Vice President of Operations direction and sufficient knowledge in each of the departments supervised to support the Program Directors efforts in providing appropriate care to our students. The individual in this position needs to make day-to-day, independent decisions with regard to the Executive Director’s budgetary guidance, facility maintenance and know which decisions need to be referred to the Executive Director.
- Provide professional supervision to dietary, clerical, janitorial and maintenance staff in accordance with Sequel Policy and Procedure and Standards as set forth in the Child Care Minimum Standards.
- Encourages, contributes and teaches task oriented behaviors and group maintenance behaviors between direct care staff and support staff.
- Practice accounting procedures approved by Sequel TSI, Inc. in operations, petty cash, and student funds.
- Solicits and comprehends the Executive Director's methods for fiscal management and acts according to that understanding in the Executive Director's absence.
- Performs or supervises the performance of Human Resources, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, purchase orders and check requests in accordance with Sequel TSI Policy and the standards set forth in the Child Care Minimum Standards.
- Writes checks as approved by the Executive Director in accordance with Sequel TSI Policy and Procedures.
- Assist Executive Director and facility staff in preparing annual budget and monitor budget operations.
- Coordinates and supervises supervising employee's work and lunch schedules assuring constant employee presence in the reception area of the facility.
- Completes annual and assigned special evaluation or periodic coaching on all assigned employees in a timely fashion.
- Holds necessary staff meetings with support services personnel.
- Is intimately familiar with standards set forth in Child Care Minimum Standards, Fiscal Management, Personnel, Food Service Management, Sanitation and Hygiene, Mail, Telephone and Visiting.
- Conducts other staff duties as assigned.
- Adheres to the policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI) of Sequel Youth & Family Youth Services.
- Performs HR functions as directed by Huntsville Office.
- Performs payroll functions as directed by Huntsville Office.
- Supports by action and example the Sequel TSI Creed.
- Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Finance preferred.
- Experience 4 plus years of experience required. Six years of work experience in a finance or business atmosphere with a minimum of two of those years spent successfully supervising, evaluating and defining (directly or indirectly) the work of others..
- Computer Skills: Fluent in Microsoft Office.
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us