We are passionate about what we do and delight in providing excellent programs that make permanent, positive changes in the lives of those we serve. Our programs are designed to equip our clients with the vision, motivation, life skills, education, and self-discipline necessary to lead a successful life.
Mingus Mountain Academy is a Joint Commission accredited residential treatment center for emotionally and behaviorally at-risk adolescent girls. Founded in 1985, the Academy is located on a 120-acre campus surrounded by National Forest, 25 minutes from the town of Prescott Valley, Arizona. Our ability to motivate the girls toward a positive, healthy future is a large factor in our success. To this end, our program combines a positive peer culture, caring staff, careful medical treatment, individualized psychotherapy and education, and numerous activities including our unique equestrian program. The peer culture uses the power of positive peer influence to address behavioral problems. Because many of the students who come to us have experienced significant trauma, our treatment team is specially trained to address these issues within our safe, structured, and nurturing environment. An emphasis on family therapy fosters successful reunification with families. Three therapeutic group homes give students the opportunity to re-enter society, living in nearby communities and getting part-time jobs if they wish, while continuing their treatment and education on campus.
NIGHT SUPPORT STAFF
Work Schedule: 10pm-8am; weekends required
Snapshot of Duties
• Responsible for daily supervision of student
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Supervises clients in accordance with MMA protocols and ensures the safety of all students and staff.
• Carries out activities in accordance with the MMA schedule.
• May be needed to transport in MMA vehicles.
• Demonstrates proper methods of cleaning and organizing with the student.
• MMA grounds and bed checks (every 15 minutes minimum).
• Keeps records, files, organizes, and troubleshoots students’ charts, and completes incident reports (when applicable).
• Exemplifies appropriate role model through physical appearance, social skills, professional words, and acts; sets clear professional boundaries with staff and students.
• Maintains oral and written communication with staff, students, and others as required/requested.
Must meet the organizational standards for hiring and all of the following conditions:
Minimum age of 21
Has a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma.
Ability to obtain a Fingerprint clearance card (or have a current valid fingerprint card).
Must pass medical exam capable of performing the essential functions of this job as listed in this job description.
Individual judgment, discretion, and decision making skills.
Confidentiality and professionalism are essential.
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
Medical, dental, vision, 401k
Paid time off
Flexible Spending Program
Company provided short and long-term disability
Company provided AD&D Insurance
Sequel Youth & Family Services is an Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly employer.