We are passionate about what we do and delight in providing excellent programs that make permanent, positive changes in the lives of those we serve. Our programs are designed to equip our clients with the vision, motivation, life skills, education, and self-discipline necessary to lead a successful life.
We are looking for an experienced, detail oriented, and analytical Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our amazing team!
If you are organized and self-motivated with strong communication and record keeping skills, then you're the person we're searching for!
Your Role: The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for notifying established third party payers of all billed accounts by mail, telephone, or by email for the purpose of collection on all accounts. Duties include: billing, receiving payment, posting payment amounts to patients account, initiating collection proceedings;
• Perform weekly billing for all facilities and schools
• Billing in accordance with state Medicaid’s and third party commercial payer requirements
• Receive payments and post amounts paid to patient accounts in patient’s data base system.
• Communicate with facility personnel regarding patient’s admissions, insurance, and authorizations
• Locate and monitor overdue account.
• Contact commercial/state insurance companies to check on status of claims payments and write appeal letters for denial on claims.
• Record information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts.
• Have a strong background in the workings of medical billing software
• Knowledge of the CMS Uniform Billing Manual
• Complete CMS 1500's and 1450's
• Bill claims with numerous state/commercial website portals
• Manage self-pay accounts.
• Familiar with multi- faceted Revenue and CPT codes
• Prepare adjustment and write off reports
• Must understand "explanation of benefits" (EOB) reports from all payers
• Knowledge of commercial based payer contracts
• Knowledge of 837 billing and 835 remits
• Understand workings of authorizations
• Able to verify insurance benefits and calculate patient responsibility
• Knowledge of Medicaid requirements ie: revenue codes/HIPAA codes.
• Prepare daily census for facilities and send reports
• Follow-up on Secondary Billings, co-pays and deductibles
You Must Have:
• A High School Diploma with 3+ years of direct medical billing experience or 1+ years of direct Medical Billing experience
• Experience with acute hospital billing and collections
• Excellent communication, research, problem solving, and time management skills
• High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability
• Detail oriented
Why work at Sequel?
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance after 30 days
• Company provided AD&D insurance
• Flexible Spending Program
• Employer matched 401k after 60 days
• Paid time off and holiday pay
• Paid Parental Leave
• Wellness Programs
• Employee Assistance Program
• Educational Assistance Program
• Onsite fitness center
• Daily Pay
Sequel Youth & Family Services is an Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly employer.