Accounting Assistant Job – Pinellas Park, FL 52346
Why You'll Love This JobResponsible for accounts payable, cash, payroll, and purchasing. The Accounting Assistant will process bills, invoices, vouchers, and check requests. This position will also prepare checks and reconcile account statements. The Accounting Assistant will enter timekeeping records and work directly with Sequel’s corporate office to process payroll and maintain payroll records.
- Processes bills, invoices, vouchers, mileage and expense reports, and manual check requests with adherence to company policies and procedures
- Ensures invoices are coded to the correct general ledger accounts
- Researches and solves invoice discrepancies
- Processes credit card invoices
- Prepares journal entries and other accounting distributions/allocations
- Assists in preparing monthly and annual financial reporting
- Enters manual time cards into timekeeping system and processes payroll on a bi-weekly basis
- Reviews all employee timesheets for accuracy, changes, completion and compliance; following up with appropriate manager/supervisor as needed
- Detects and reconciles payroll discrepancies
- Maintains account payable and payroll files in accordance with federal, state and company guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience: Two years of experience in accounting practices is required.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office and advanced MS Excel skills required.
- Certifications & Licenses: Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist: Preferred .
- Other Requirements:
- Proven ability to multi-task and mange time effectively
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent two-way communication skills
Questions about careers at Sequel?Contact Us